Run TWO Races During Race Weekend
All Runners Receive a Full Swag Bag of Items and a Special Challenger Finisher’s Medal!
Run ANY Saturday Race + Scheels 5K
The race course is filled with FUN!
2021 Race Swag
Our 40th anniversary swag is epic! This year’s swag bag will consist of a non-wicking t-shirt, a foldable bag, and compression socks. All 5K runners will receive this full bag of goodies PLUS a finisher’s medal. PLUS our challenger participants will receive an extra finisher’s medal solidifying their great accomplishment.
Look out for our FIRST Annual Capital City Challenger Race! This year our 5K race will take place on Friday, September 17th at 6:30 pm. Runners are invited to participate in both our 5K and one of our Saturday races (10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, and Marathon Relay) to complete our Weekend Challenge and receive an exclusive challenge finisher medal.
Challenger Registration Fee
The Capital City Challenger registration fee is just $25! This includes your 5K race registration and an exclusive challenger medal.
The Capital City Challenger will be capped at 500 total participants.
Friday, September 17
- All-Day – Packet Pick Up at Scheels
- 5:00 – 6:00pm – Registration at Haaland Field
- 5:30pm – Motivational Mile Starts
- 6:00pm – Event Kickoff and National Anthem
- 6:05pm – Motivational Mile Recognition
- 6:30 pm – Scheels 5K Starts
- 7:30 pm – Scheels 5K Award Ceremony
- 7:30pm – BisBark 4K Dog Walk
Saturday, September 18
- 5:30 – Early packet pickup begins
- 7:00 – Announcements begin
- 7:10 – Call for runners
- 7:20 – Last comments
- 7:25 – National anthem
- 7:30 – Marathon, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay start
- 7:50 – 10K start
- 8:30 – 10K lead finishers
- 9:30 –10K awards
- 10:30 – Half marathon awards
- 1:30 – Marathon awards
Race Packet Pick-up
Packet pickup is on Friday, September 17th all day long. Specific times and location will be announced soon. Late arrivals can pick up race packets at the start/finish area located at Cottonwood Park, 2506 12th Street SE on race morning.
Aid stations are located every 1 to 2 miles with water and Powerade. At the finish line we also have a recovery tent with Sanford athletic trainers and our MDU power up station with bananas, chocolate milk, and other snacks to refuel. An ambulance is also on-site at the event.