What is the Capital City Challenger?
You’re going to run 2 RACES in 1 WEEKEND!
You’ll receive swag & medals for both races PLUS A SPECIAL CHALLENGER MEDAL!
You’ll run the Scheels 5K on Friday night AND any race on Saturday morning!
You can brag about being one of the few who accomplish the Capital City Challenger in 2023!
You Need the Details
- This is our THIRD Annual Capital City Challenger Race!
- This year our 5K race will take place on Friday, September 15th at 6:30 OM. Runners are invited to participate in the Scheels 5K and one of our Saturday races (10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, and Marathon Relay) to complete our Weekend Challenge and receive an exclusive challenge finisher medal.
Challenger Registration Fee
- The Capital City Challenger registration fee is just an extra $25 on top of your Saturday race fee!
- Yes, really! An extra $25 and you get to run an EXTRA race, EXTRA race swag, and an EXTRA medal!
- We have to set a hard cap of 500 runners on the Capital City Challenger. Secure your extra race, extra swag, and extra medal by registering now!
Thursday, September 15
Friday, September 16
9:00 am–9:00 pm – Packet Pick Up at Scheels
6:00 pm – Event Kickoff and National Anthem
6:30 pm – Scheels 5K Starts
7:30 pm – Scheels 5K Award Ceremony
Saturday, September 17
5:30 am – Early registration begins
7:00 am – Announcements begin
7:10 am – Call for runners
7:20 am – Last comments
7:25 am – National anthem
7:30 am – Marathon, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay start
7:50 am – 10K start
8:30 am – 10K lead finishers
9:30 am –10K awards
10:30 am – Half marathon awards
1:30 am – Marathon awards
We’ve updated our route for the 2023 Bismarck Marathon to start and finish at the North Dakota State Capital Grounds! Some logistics, including race maps, are still being worked on. Stay tuned for more information including in-depth race route maps.
Our routes will continue to feature a fast and flat, fully paved course with breathtaking scenery along the Missouri River!
New for 2023: The race starts and finished right in front of the North Dakota State Capital Building, making for a picture-perfect finish. Plus, parts of the route now run through historic downtown Bismarck neighborhoods.
All runners are to check-in, pick up their race bib & swag on either Thursday, September 14th or Friday, September 15th at the Bismarck Scheels. Hours are TBD and will be released soon.