Fast, Flat Course Open to Runners and Walkers
All Runners Receive a Full Swag Bag of Items and a Finisher’s Medal
Friday Night Event
The race course is filled with FUN!
2021 Race Swag
Our 40th anniversary swag is epic! This year’s swag bag will consist of a non-wicking t-shirt, a foldable bag, and compression socks. All 5K runners will receive this full bag of goodies PLUS a finisher’s medal. Our 40th Anniversary is going to be one for the books and we can’t wait to Run Bismarck!
5K Registration Fees
- $35 . . . Open Registration thru March 31
- $40 . . . April 1 thru May 31
- $45 . . . June 1 thru July 31
- $50 . . . Aug. 1 thru Aug 31
- $55 . . . Sept. 1 thru Sept. 18
- The Scheels 5K will be capped at 700 participants including our Capital City Challenger participants
Friday, September 17 – Race Day Schedule
- All-Day – Packet Pick Up
- 5:00 – 6:00pm – Registration at Haaland Field
- 5:30pm – Motivational Mile Starts
- 6:00pm – Event Kickoff and National Anthem
- 6:05pm – Motivational Mile Recognition
- 6:30 pm – Scheels 5K Starts
- 7:30 pm – Scheels 5K Award Ceremony
- 7:30pm – BisBark 4K Dog Walk
Race Packet Pick-up
Packet pickup is on Friday, September 17th all day long. Specific times and location will be announced soon. Late arrivals can pick up race packets at the start/finish area located at Cottonwood Park, 2506 12th Street SE on race morning.
Each of our races in 2021 will have a virtual option to encourage participation in our 40th anniversary from across the country, even if you can’t make it to Bismarck the weekend of our race! When you register for the virtual option you will have the choice to pick up your packet at our normal packet pick up OR your packet can be shipped to you for a $10 shipping fee.
The top overall male and female 10K, 5K run, and 5K walk finishers win a marathon jacket.
Aid stations are located every 1 to 2 miles with water and Powerade. At the finish line we also have a recovery tent with Sanford athletic trainers and our MDU power up station with bananas, chocolate milk, and other snacks to refuel. An ambulance is also on-site at the event.