It’s a FREE Kids Race for Ages 12 and Under!
3 Race Lengths for Different Age Groups!
Kids Receive a FREE T-Shirt AND Medal!
Plus a Fun Mascot Race for Kids to Watch!
Kid’s Mini Marathon
We are giving kids the real Bismarck Marathon race experience! Kids of ALL ages will finish their race under the same arch that our other races finish under.
We have distances of 200 meters, 400 meters, and a mile to accommodate kids of all ages.
PLUS this race is FREE and includes a medal and a t-shirt!
The BNSF Railway Kids Mini Marathon is a FREE event and all registered children receive a free t-shirt and medal!
There are two ways to register:
- Online Registration will open in the summer of 2022.
- In-Person Registration will take place from 4:00-6:00 pm on the day of the race.
- Little Tykes
- Approximately 200 Meters
- Suggested Ages 7 & Under
- Starts at 5:40 pm
- Middle Distance
- Approximately 400 Meters
- Suggested Ages 7-10
- Starts at 6:00 pm
- Kid’s Fastest Mile
- Approximately One Mile
- Suggested Ages 10+
- Starts at 6:30 pm
- The fastest female and male participants will receive a special Bismarck Marathon blanket – the same gift awarded to our top runner’s in our official races!
- Below is a race map for all three kid’s races. Each race distance with gather in the specified area prior to the start of the race!
- Click to view as a large picture.
2021 Race Swag
We will reveal the free t-shirt and medal in the summer of 2022! Be on the lookout.
The BNSF Kid’s Mini Marathon will take place on Thursday, September 15th at Cottonwood Park
- 4:00-6:00pm – Kids Last Minute Registration and Check-In
- 5:35pm – H.A. Thompson & Sons Mascot Dash
- 5:40pm – Little Tykes Race
- 6:00pm – Middle Distance Race
- 6:30pm – Bismarck Kid’s Fastest Mile
- 6:45pm – Awards